Español English French German italian portuguese russian

(Automatic translation)

A Home for the AEC

Seeking to establish offices in its headquarters has been for many years a real challenge for the Association Esp ANOLA Highway. Up to eight different directions, all in the city of Madrid, they have marked its history. In 1994 he settled in Goya Street. Here currently it occupies an area of ​​more than 500 square meters. However, the beginnings were somewhat harder ...

Miguel Montabes house to the street Atocha

During its early years, the headquarters of the AEC stood halfway between the house of its founder, Miguel Montabes, and an office located in Atocha, owned by Marcelino Ahijón, at the time, Highways magazine contributor.

The clear lack of space made boss and employees share the same, without even any separation between their tables. The work of the secretariat's own sister played Montabes of almost altruistic. Also, when it was necessary to write letters in English -a the International Road Federation, for example, you are entrusted the work to an official of the then Ministry of Public Works.

In the Banco de Vizcaya

In 1951, the Association could finally have a real seat thanks to its treasurer, Rafael Perez Salvador, who gave up a room-office that was rented at the headquarters of Banco de Vizcaya, in the number 45 Street Alcalá.

A ground floor in Nuevos Ministerios

During the presidencies of Manuel Maria Arrillaga and Mario Alvarez Garcillán (between 1959 and 1968), the Association achieved great prestige throughout the country. And as a result, the Ministry of Public Works gave him an office on the ground floor of Nuevos Ministerios with direct access from the street. Quite an achievement in those days.

More than a decade on the street Serrano

In May 1969, the headquarters of the Spanish Road Association moved to an apartment belonging to the family of brand new President, Juan de Arespacochaga. It was located on the central Serrano street and remained there the ACS for more than a decade.

Orense, 12

At the beginning of the decade of the 80, the headquarters of the Association headquarters changed again, reaching another fleetingly in central Madrid street at number 12 of Orense.

Back to School

Short was the stay of the ACS in Orense, since in 1982 moved its headquarters to the School of Civil Engineering, Channels and Ports of the Polytechnical University of Madrid.

For a decade he developed his advocacy and defense of the road from the premises of this institution, extremely linked to infrastructure and which had left many of the engineers who worked in the Association.

Two more years in Juan Ramon Jimenez

After ten years in the School of Civil Association begins a new change of location. This time he moved to No. 28 Street Juan Ramon Jimenez, where they will remain only two years.

Way home

In 1994, the AEC back to pack. This time the destination was a well known senior members of the Association, the Salamanca district, where Serrano Street area is also located. Specifically, the ACS is installed on a floor that had just acquired in the number 23 Goya Street. And it is precisely here, in the latter venue, where it knows its period of greatest development and public projection.

Spanish Road Association
Goya, 23 - 4º Right.
28001 - MADRID (Spain)
Tel .: (34) 91 5779972
Fax: (34) 91 5766522
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cookies allow us to offer our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. View policy